The Farm Shop & Deli Awards, in partnership with The Grocer and sponsored by Garofalo and Food & Drink Wales, celebrate the highest levels of service, product knowledge, initiative, innovation and community involvement, offered by our heroes of the high-street and are judged by a panel that includes experts from the world of speciality retail, fine food and food media.
Joining Chair of Judges Nigel Barden and Co-chair of Judges Elaine Lemm for the 2021 judges line-up are:
· Amy North, Editor at British Baker
· John Gill, Head of Commercial Operations & Buyer, Booths
· Anthony and Sue Johns, Owners, Johns of Appledore and Instow
· Jon May, Managing Director, Fabulous Food & Drink
· Arthur Howell, Owner, Arthur Howells Butchers
· Neil Nugent, Head of Product Development, Iceland Foods
· Caroline Glover, Farm Shop Manager at Cannon Hall Farm Shop
· Nikki Storrar, Owner, Ardross Farm Shop
· Debbie Edge, Owner, Edge & Son butchers
· Richard Nicholson, Owner, Cannon Hall Farm Shop
· Henry Sandercock, Fresh Foods Reporter at The Grocer
· Simon Hurley, Managing Director, P2P Food Solutions
· Hero Hirsh, Brand Manager, Paxton & Whitfield
· Victoria Robertshaw, Founder, Keelham Farm Shop & Delicious Planet Consultancy
· Holly Shackleton, Editor at Speciality Food
Further information about the judges can be found on the Awards website: farmshopanddelishow.co.uk/awards-supporters/award-judges
During October the Farm Shop & Deli Awards invited judges, consumers and suppliers to nominate their favourite specialist retailer, who deserve recognition in their region for their community support this year.
Nearly 900 nominations for over 350 individual retailers flooded in with some wonderful and heart-felt comments.
The Awards team are now contacting all nominated retailers to invite them to enter free before 31st December. They can enter through a very easy online entry form, by answering just two quick questions and uploading a photo.
The Awards are free to enter. However, to be able to recognise the challenges retailers have overcome and the achievements this year has brought them, the judges need to hear about this. So if you are a worthy retailer, whether nominated or not, you’re encouraged to enter and can do so via the website: farmshopanddelishow.co.uk/awards