The David Colegrave Foundation (DCF) scholarship season closes this month. Those who want to apply for a scholarship have just three weeks left to do so before the deadline ? 31 January 2016.
The most recent DCF scholarship season saw a total of ?14,000 awarded.
Previous winner Charlotte Bancroft, Merrist Wood College, said: ?I could not have gained my qualification without the help of the DCF. The scholarship has helped me to pay for tuition fees, examination fees and travel expenses to college. It really has helped me in my growing horticulture career.?
The six scholarships available for 2015-16 are:
- Student scholarships – ?1,000 study support payment
- South West Growers Show Scholarship – ?1,500 study support payment
- Floranova Ornamental Horticulture Research Scholarship – ?1,500 to encourage the development of important skills in research and development such as plant breeding, biotechnology and seed technology, as well as a work experience opportunity at Floranova
- Ball Colegrave Scholarship – ?1,500 to fund travel to Europe in order to develop knowledge and experience in bedding plant production and marketing
- British Protected Ornamentals Association: Peter Seabrook Bursary – ?1,000 to support one or more students
- Markham ? Colegrave International Scholarship Award – $4,500 for the opportunity to organise a work placement in a horticultural business in the US/Canada.
To enter, applicants need to complete an application form which can be found at: www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk