Firefighters tackled a wood chip fire at Bradley Fold Garden Centre last night.
Around 15 tonnes of wood chip was set alight because of a technical fault.?Crews were called to Radcliffe Moor Road, just before 7pm on Sunday.
Watch manager Ian Ainsworth, said: “The garden centre produces their own power, there’s no gas or electricity?on the site.?They burn wood chippings and this great big hopper that they put?the chippings in before it’s introduced to the incinerator, they were on on fire in the container.?There must have been 10 or 15 tonnes in it.”
At the height of the blaze, four fire engines were on the scene and this was reduced to two after the blaze was under control.?The crews left the scene at around midnight.
Mr Ainsworth added: “It was a fault with the machine which?surprised them and they are looking at making some modifications so it doesn’t happen again.?There’s no blame?to them.”
No one is believed to have been injured in the blaze.