Get ready for Garden Re-Leaf Day 2023!
The Greenfingers charity, organiser of Garden Re-Leaf Day, is calling on every garden centre and industry supplier in the UK to take part in the forthcoming 2023 Garden ReLeaf event (Friday 24 March) to help the charity reach its £60,000 fundraising target set for the 2023 event.
Since its inception in 2012, Garden Re-Leaf Day has been a key event within the garden retail calendar, and to-date has helped to raise over £1,000,000 worldwide, £800,000 of which was raised in the UK. This money has gone towards helping the charity design and create an additional 20 magical gardens in children’s hospices throughout the UK.
With just two months to go before the national industry-wide event, participants are being urged to register their interest now to support this thriving charity day.
This year, with a £60,000 goal in mind, the charity needs even more individuals, teams and whole companies to come together on 24 March. Whether holding a coffee morning, romping across the countryside with one of the Garden Re-Leaf sponsored walks or cycle challenges, or undertaking a feat of endurance with events such as the 24-hour Plantathons, there are so many ways to get involved. Whether you are a supplier, garden centre team or even outside of the sector, the event is open to all and promises to be a superb day of memory making, team building and essential fundraising.
Linda Petrons, director of fundraising & communications, said: “We’ve set ourselves some ambitious targets for the 2023 event in order to reflect the ever-increasing costs of designing and building a Greenfingers funded garden, however we remain confident that we can achieve this target. Every year more and more people come out to support Garden Re-Leaf Day, and we hope that this year we’ll have a record breaking turnout.
“It’s important to note that getting involved in Garden Re-Leaf Day can be done through the smallest of gestures all the way through to challenges that push your mind and body. Every action and every event really does make a difference and can help drive up that fundraising total so whether you have an hour, a morning or the whole month to dedicate to the event, please know that it will be deeply appreciated.”
How to get involved in Garden Re-Leaf Day 2022
Registration for the 2023 event is now live, and Greenfingers is also on the look-out for sponsors of the event. To find out more please contact Linda Petrons by emailing email@example.com
FUNdraising ideas for Garden Re-Leaf Day 2023
Here’s just a few ways you can get involved and help Greenfingers to continue creating magical gardens in children’s hospices across the nation:
- Plantathons are perfect for generating some buzz instore whilst simultaneously generating more stock and donating to Greenfingers. Previous events have included 12- and 24-hour Plantathons.
- Hold a virtual quiz, with a minimum donation for all entrants.
- Raffles and tombolas are a great way of getting lots of people involved. Gather prizes from around your store, or ask friends and colleagues to donate prizes, before selling raffle tickets ahead of the grand unveiling of the lucky winner!
- Cake sales and coffee mornings – are simple yet effective FUNdraisers.
- An online auction is a great way to raise funds and involve your friends and colleagues
- Team up with friends and colleagues to complete a virtual walk or cycle challenge. Set yourselves a target – 100 miles for example – and work together to achieve it. Walk around your local area, on a treadmill, whatever it takes! Keep in touch via Zoom to keep the group enthusiasm going!
For more FUNdraising ideas or to obtain a copy of the 2023 fundraising pack drop Linda a line – she’d love to hear from you.