Natural & Organic Products Europe prepares to open doors for its 25th edition at ExCeL London on 16-17 April. The pioneering trade show is open to garden store retailers hoping to discover the best choice of natural and organic food, drink, health, beauty and eco-living products to put into their stores.
The cost-of-living crisis has put a new focus on how we source our food, and it lines up with many practices and values that the natural food industry has been extolling for decades, and that is –getting back to basics. Since Covid, trends are showing that there’s a healthy renewed interest on scratch cooking, with a particular focus on reducing waste. And so, at this year’s show, more brands than ever are embracing the circular economy through innovative sourcing of ingredients or ‘upcycling’ biproducts. And this trend is great news for garden stores that have long been championing zero-waste, both on their shelves and in their business practices.
Zero waste or plastic free brands to see include Alara Wholefoods, Balade en Provence, We Love the Planet, Suma Wholefoods, UpCircle Beauty, TIANA Fairtrade Organics, Reused Remade AB, Clearspring, ZENB, Origin Kitchen, Miniml, and many more.
Discover award-worthy products
New and trend-setting innovation is what buyers and retailers come to see. Which is why the show’s two innovation zones (health/food and natural beauty/personal care) are the first port of call for new launches. Products submitted here are in the running for a prestigious Natural & Organic Innovation Award, where visitors can vote for their favourite products across a range of categories including, Best New Organic Food Product, Special Diet Product, Drink Product, Vegan Beauty Product, Haircare Product, Herbal Product, Supplement Product – and more.
A few products to see in the innovation zones include:
- Acne Healing Extract – Anna Rósa Skincare
- Air Fryer Nuts – Foodtrend
- All-In-One Earthbound bar – Suma Wholefood
- Good Mood Snack Lift – Bardo
- Organic Quinoa Grissini Breadsticks – Biona
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream – Booja-Booja
- CALM Botanical Mist – Natural Herb Remedies
- KALE Vegan Pesto – KALE LATVIA ORGANIC
- Mango Passion Pot – Origin Kitchen
- Collagen Shot – New Nordic
- Immunity DEFEND Drops – Blooming Blends
- Illustrated cosmetics – Terpenic
- Natural Propolis Nasal Spray Ultra Potency – BEE&YOU BV
This is only a handful of new products to discover, to view the full list, please visit exhibitormanual.naturalproducts.co.uk/directory-innovation_z/
Learn about the trends
The show’s free-to-attend seminar programme is a major draw for visitors interested in learning about consumer behaviour, trends and retailing opportunities. As well as this, topics around sustainability, organic farming, policy, certification, health trends and more will be discussed. Renowned for hosting a range of big-name speakers, this year the programme includes representatives from Planet Organic, Holland & Barrett, Soil Association, The British Beauty Council, Viridian Nutrition, NATRUE – and others.
A few notable sessions to see are:
- The organic market 50 years on: Where we’ve been and where we’re going
- Health trend spotlight: “Shroom me up!” – the rise of the functional mushrooms
- Consumer, beauty and wellness trend insights
- 10 trends to watch in 2023
- How carbon pricing will make non-organic food more expensive than organic food
- Communicating sustainability digitally: Consumer perception, expectation and fulfilment
- Did you know you can save the world? How to let customers know they can make a difference
- Market Update: Global natural & organic beauty products
- The cost and true cost of sustainable food
To view the full schedule and timings, please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk/seminars-main
Register for a free trade ticket to Natural & Organic Products Europe 2023
Natural & Organic Products Europe will return to ExCeL London on 16-17 April 2023. To register for a free trade ticket, please click here.