Notcutts has secured planning consent for a major redevelopment and upgrade of its Woodbridge garden centre.
Consequentially, the development will see a number of big improvements designed to make the Woodbridge Notcutts garden centre one of the best destinations in the east of England.
Upgrades at Notcutts
It will include:
- A new restaurant with 260 indoor and outdoor covers, increasing from 100 currently.
- A new purpose built kitchen and counter flow system to support menu additions and customer experience.
- A doubling of internal retail space and the introduction of a new twin bay planteria canopy.
- New customer toilets.
- Enhanced landscaping throughout the garden centre, including a new entrance directly into the canopy.
- Additional car parking.
- New storage and goods-in facilities.
- The addition of a new concessions village with capacity for several commercial partners.
- Full rebranding with the new Notcutts brand identity.
Where it all began
Nick Burrows, CEO says: ?We are delighted to have received consent for this major redevelopment of our Woodbridge garden centre.
“This is where it all began for Notcutts. Not only was the Woodbridge garden centre a first for Notcutts when it opened in 1958, but it was also a pioneering move for garden centres in the UK.
“It started a trend and the model was subsequently followed by many others.?
Caroline Notcutt recently opened a year round show garden at the Woodbridge garden centre in the company of many local community figures.
She comments: ?Our show gardens are now becoming a feature in all our garden centres.?
“They are all part of our strategy to give our customers an ever wider visitor experience, or another reason to stay longer and visit more often.
“The show garden is just the beginning and with our new development plans for our Woodbridge garden centre we intend to become the best gardening, hospitality and leisure destination in the east of England.?